NSJ EnviroSciences is a respected national and international provider of professional Environmental Microbiology/Mycology Consulting Services.
We have been acting on behalf of businesses and individuals across Australia for over 10 years. We are well known for our ability to listen and understand your needs.
If you require guidance or advice about any challenges you are experiencing with your environmental problems, please contact us and we will be pleased to assist.
Please don’t hesitate to book an inital free 15 minute consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!
Accreditations & Qualifications
Our Director, and Principal Microbiologist, specialising in Mycology has successfully completed the McCrone Research Institute’s Basic & Advanced IAQ Fungal Spore Identification Courses.
In 2009, he attended CBS, in Utrecht (now called Westerdijk Fungal Biodiversity Institute) where he successfully completed Prof. Robert Samson’s Food and Indoor Fungal Culture Identification Course. In November 2014 he returned to CBS where he studied and successfully completed the Medical Mycology Course conducted by Prof. Sybren de Hoog, covering over 600 pathogenic mould and yeast species.
Supporting the consultancy services offered by NSJ EnviroSciences are a range of industy appropriate qualifications also held by David Lark, including:-
- Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC); and
- Certified Microbial Consultant (CMC),
- Approved Training Provider (ATP) – all awarded by the American Council for Accredited Certifications (ACAC)
NSJ EnviroSciences maintains close affiliation with local and international laboratory service providers, including:-
- EnviroBiomics, Inc,. located in San Antonio, Tx USA who we rely upon to analyse your samples and provide ERMI, HERTSMI-2. They also undertake the detection, identification & quantitation of Actinomycetes & other bacterial genera & species, utilising NextGen Sequencing. Other analyses undertaken by EBI include Endotoxins & Allergen analyses. We are proud to declare part ownership of this laboratory, which we founded in 2015 with Gianni Rossini.
- Institute for Bioanalytics and Agro-Metabolomics Mycotoxin Laboratory in Tulln, Austria where we refer environmental samples for the detection and quantitation of over 700 mycotoxins and their metabolites.
Network of Assessors & Remediators
NSJ EnviroSciences works with a network of assessors and remediators in your state who can undertake initial assessments, sample collection, removal and remedation work. If you need a reference to an assessor or remediator in your local area please contact us.
The team at NSJ EnviroSciences is led by:
Principal Mycologist & Director
David Lark is the Principal Mycologist at NSJ EnviroSciences, Australia’s most current and leading Microbiology/Mycology Consultancy Service, specialising in environmental mycology and other biotoxin related illnesses as they affect the indoor environments and the health of occupants, – because health matters.
As a professional microbiologist and mycologist with over 50 years experience, David has been admitted to professional membership of a number of relevant industry bodies including the Indoor Air Quality SIG of the Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand (CASANZ) and maintains current professional contact with advances in the industry and relevant science.
David has presented and published research papers and posters both nationally and internationally including an extensive submission to the Australian Parliament’s Inquiry into Biotoxin Related Illness in Australia. This submission was co-authored with Dr Richie Shoemaker, who is regarded as the world’s leading authority on Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS).
Affiliations & Memberships
The following industry bodies have admitted us to professional membership:
We offer a robust library of resources!
Our commitment is to provide you with a healthy environment and we want you to have every possible resource available.